This is a new meal I came up with that the family loves! Perfect for a quick one dish weeknight meal!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 fluid oz of low Na chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms, quartered
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 oz whole wheat spaghetti noodles (cook per package instructions)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the other 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and garlic to the skillet. Cook until fragrant (20-30 seconds). Add mushrooms and cook until tender (3-4 minutes).
- Add broth to skillet and cook until reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Return chicken to the skillet and add tomatoes, spinach, and basil. Cook and toss until spinach and basil are wilted.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss until mixed thoroughly.
- Stir in parmesan cheese until fully mixed in.