Imagine yourself in the cereal/granola bar aisle of the grocery store… Do you ever get overwhelmed by endless varieties of fiber bars, protein bars, energy bars, power bars, breakfast bars, yogurt bars, fruit bars…. Ahhh! There are more BARS out there than ever, and many choices are no better than a CANDY bar!
Try out my homemade granola bar recipe! The best thing about it– you can customize the ingredients to meet your preferences and nutritional needs. Get creative, and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups dry oats
- 2/3 cup crushed almonds (or other nut)
- 2/3 cup crushed peanuts (or other nut)
- 1/3 cup flaxseeds, ground
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (or cranberries)
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/2 cup honey
- salt to taste
- Place oats, nuts, flaxseeds, and dried fruit in a large bowl. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the peanut butter and honey.
- Pour the peanut butter/honey mixture in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well until dry ingredients are coated well and evenly.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan/dish with parchment or wax paper, leaving extra on the sides
- Press the mixture into the baking dish. Pack tightly and evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pull the edges of parchment paper to remove the intact granola from the pan.
- Cut into 12 bars (3×4 cuts)
- Best stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in refrigerator or 10 days at room temperature.