Another one dish meal… quick and simple…That tends to be the name of my game lately!
- 1 lb New York strip steak, sliced into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch of asparagus (woody ends cut off, and then cut into 2 pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/4 of a sweet onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, soy sauce, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat bottom of skillet with 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Add the steak strips and cook until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Coat the same skillet with the other 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 20-30 seconds). Add the asparagus, bell pepper, and onions. Stir frequently and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender (about 3-4 minutes).
- Return steak to the skillet. Add sauce and stir frequently. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened (about another 2-3 minutes).
- Serve in individual plates/bowls over brown rice. For a lighter (lower carb) version, serve over cauliflower rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Enjoy and Share! 🙂